Thursday, April 9, 2009

CCTT on Wednesdays

Yesterday was the first race in the Cherry Creek Time Trial.  It was also my first road race ever.  I know the coarse very well, as it is one of the places that I ride my road bike quite often.  I was late getting to the race, had to get my number, got about 4 minutes of warm up-which is no where near enough, have never used aero bars in my life, and got to the start line 14 seconds before go time.  I left the start shoot and tried to warm up in the race.  I felt good considering I was not ready.  The race consisted of 10.5 miles of road.  I had a goal of about 28 minutes.  Because of my late arrival to the start line, I had no idea what kind of pace I was putting down because I did not have my computer properly set.  All I knew was that my heart rate was pegged at 180, which is pretty high for me to hold so early in the season.  I ended up with a time of 27:02 and an average speed of 23.3 mph.  It probably would have been better, but I was all over the road because of my aero bars.  I am really happy with this pace considering everything.  Six more weeks of racing the TT, I can't wait until the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment